Peania, August 28, 2009 – INTRAKAT announced its 1st half of 2009 results under the International Financial Reporting Standards (I.F.R.S.), which are highlighted as follows:
- Consolidated Turnover: 99.8 million euro versus 79.0 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+ 26.4%)
- EBITDA: 5.4 million euro versus 7.5 million euro in the 1st half of 2008
- EBITDA margin: 5.4% of the consolidated turnover
- Consolidated pretax earnings: 3.0 million euro versus 2.6 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+12.9%)
- Consolidated net after tax earnings: 1.8 million euro versus 1.6 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+12.5%)
- Turnover: 74.6 million euro versus 62.9 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+18.7%)
- EBITDA: 5.9 million euro versus 5.6 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+5.7%)
- EBITDA margin: 8% on the parent company’s turnover
- Pretax earnings: 2.4 million euro versus 1.9 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+28.8%)
- Net after tax earnings: 1.6 million euro versus 1.4 million euro in the 1st half of 2008 (+15.5%)
- On 30/06/2009 the Group’s backlog of projects amounted 290 million euro
INTRAKAT group sales marked significant growth during the 1st half of 2009. The group’s competitive advantages were enhanced following the recent upgrading of INTRKAT’s construction classification to the upper 7th grade of the construction companies’ classification along with INTRAKAT’s focus on self financed projects as well as energy projects.
Beyond its construction projects, INTRAKAT focuses on PPP projects (Public Private Sector Projects) while systematically seeking to expand its activity in key sectors such as the environment and green energy forms from renewable sources.
To this end, the contribution of the municipal solid waste management sector is also material, in which field INTRAKAT’s via its cooperation with SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT will proceed to jointly developing new projects.
INTRAKAT was founded in 1987 and belongs to INTRACOM HOLDINGS GROUP of companies. The company holds a 7th degree contractor license from the Register of Contractor Companies, and as of November 2001 it listed on the Athens Stock Exchange. In 2005 INTRAKAT merged by absorption with Intramet (steel structure company). INTRAKAT has extensive experience and advanced know-how in the fields of constructions of technical projects, steel structure and telecommunication infrastructure projects. For over 20 years, the company implements public and private technical projects regarding: building works, infrastructure projects, advanced technology projects and telecommunications infrastructures, industrial and energy projects, E/M installations, steel structures, natural gas distribution projects and environment projects in Greece and abroad. INTRAKAT group employs 595 people