Peania, Tuesday September 11, 2012
PRISMA DOMI ATE, an INTRAKAT subsidiary, signed with the Ministry of Development, Competitiveness, Infrastructures, Transport & Networks, on Friday 7/9/2012, a contract for the “New maneuvering area of the National Paros Airport.” The total contract budget amounts to 15.3 million euro including VAT.
The project includes the construction of:
- 1. Aircraft runway, with dimensions: length 1,400m and width 30m
- 2. Two connecting taxiways linking the runway with the aircraft parking space.
- 3. Aircraft parking space
- 4. Perimeter – service road
- 5. Supplies area
- 6. Drainage technical works
- 7. Lighting and signals for runway and taxiways and lighting of the aircraft parking space.
The project is funded by the Greek Public Investment Program and is included in the NSRF (National Strategic Reference Framework) through the ‘Improvement of Accessibility’ Operational Program. The airport is expected to be complete within 700 calendar days following the signature of the contract.
The new Paros Airport is an essential project in the sectors of transport and tourism. It is expected to contribute significantly to the improvement of the provided services, the optimal facilitation of passenger traffic and further development of the island in the area of tourism.